- Ensure contractor compliance with Electrical scope in terms of scope of work and quality of work carried out, materials and tools used. Ensure that the approved project documentation and drawings are used and the relevant construction standards, codes and technical specifications and safety rules are applied.
- Oversee inspection of electrical and instrumentation activities conducted at fabrication shops and construction site.
- Conduct quality surveillance at suppliers / contactors and construction site. Input results of inspections / observations into the dedicated Completions Management System in timely manner. Follow-up the entire construction such as laying cables, cable connection, loop checks, substation installation, HVAC module and equipment working.
- Ensure that material certificates comply to codes and project specifications. Verify rogue and counterfeit items during inspection and surveillance and immediately report to Construction Manager and Plant Construction Manager, if found.
- Ensure suppliers / contractors have relevant, up to date codes, standards, specifications and drawings.
- Witness / participate in equipment receiving inspections at construction site or contractor’s premises to identify potential damage, shortages and overages.
- Verify that electrical equipment and instrumentation are preserved per supplier’s recommendations and the approved project preservation procedures.
- Approve suppliers / contractors work by attending inspections / tests or reviewing documents. Schedule monitoring for progress and quality control.
- Perform routine surveillance and inspection, as per approved Inspection and Test Plan, of electrical and instrumentation activities carried out at the fabrication shops and construction site to ensure work proceeds in accordance to project specifications, the approved drawings and procedures.
- Ensure electrical equipment and instruments are fully calibrated per approved project specifications and has current certification
- Support the project personnel by performing additional tasks as directed and commensurate with his / her skills.
- Interface with discipline engineers, construction engineers, (pre-)commissioning engineers and other inspectors in a professional manner.
- Participate in acceptance of the project and the handover to operations. Carry out technical acceptance of completed works and facilities. Prepare engineering documentation as required.
- Ensure all construction deficiencies, defects and outstanding punch items are satisfactorily liquidated within agreed time period set by acceptance commission. Coordinate with 5IC Engineering Department and Contractor Engineering Department regarding the designs, diagrams and drawings of Electrical discipline.
- Progressively review contractor’s quality records. Comply with company HSE Golden Rules and Life Saving Rules.
- decrees, resolutions, orders, technical procedures related to electrical and instrumentation works;
- the most up to date national and international standards and methods in of performing electrical and instrumentation works including knowledge of NEC, CEC, IEC, UL, NFPA, ISO 9001, API, and etc.
- calibration of equipment and measuring requirements.
- standard industrial communication protocol such as 4-20 mA and Foundation Fieldbus.
- wiring and cabling system for field electrical and instrumentation.
- electrical classification.
- various type of cable, its application, and installation / test requirements.
- installation and testing practices for electrical, instrument, and telecom equipment.
- loop checking / commissioning practice;
- architecture and hardware knowledge of various systems – DCS, vibration, SIS, PLCs, F&G, and etc.
- instrument networks, communication protocols, and their associated wiring and instrument asset management.
- inspection skills and experience on equipment fabrication / repair and inspections;
- supervisory and coordination skills;
- excellent communication and teamwork skills;
- excellent IT skills.