- Perform routine surveillance, inspection and monitoring of the NDE and welding activities carried out on the construction sites of company and/or contractors’ workshops. To ensure implementation of all requirements of relevant codes and standards, welding specifications and method statements.
- Ensure the quality of products / consumables / materials comply with requirements of established standards and specifications.
- Ensure all the personnel employed and operating in welding and NDE activities is duly skilled and qualified in accordance with the applicable specifications codes and regulations.
- Ensure that all the utilized equipment and consumables are of the appropriate and approved / certified type and they are in a good status of maintenance and sufficient number.
- Follow and assist the Contractors on the process of issuing, qualifying and implementing their NDE and welding procedures in accordance with approved relevant technical documents.
- Ensure the inspection and test plan of each activity is fulfilled and “hold points” of company team are completed in due time.
- Systematically inspect contractors workshops and construction sites and report / advise any problems concern regarding HSE in particular for NDE and welding activity.
- Advise Contractor to implement HSE in full compliance with company HSE Policy.
- In addition Plant Construction Mechanical / Piping Supervisors must:
Coordinate and supervise NDE and welding inspectors team during peaks of workloads in cases of planned / unplanned shutdowns and urgent / emergency activities.
- Prepare and carry out training for company NDE and welding inspectors as well as for contractors’ Welders and Inspectors. To ensure continuous training on the job by close mentoring of company people. To inspect and assist contractor during qualification of welders.
- Review / comment work pack, procedures, specifications and other project technical documentation, including Contractor`s documentation regarding NDE and Welding. Actively to participate in maintaining and upgrading of this documentation in compliance with codes, rules and industry best practices.
- Audit, inspect equipment of contractors. To advice and asset contractors in maintaining and upgrading their equipment to ensure high quality job. To trouble shoots equipment breakdown and advice on ways to eliminate the equipment failure.
- Demonstrate safety leadership and promote positive safety culture including regular engagement and coaching with the workforce.
- Take personal responsibility for HSE and openly report and act on any HSE issues of concern.
- Consistently enforce compliance with HSE rules, requirements, and procedures.
- Intervene in the event of an unsafe act or condition, or environmental pollution circumstance.
- Actively support all HSE programs (HSE Cards, L3 Inspections etc.) as directed.
- Coordinate with Project and Contractor Engineering Department all layouts, Isometrics, PID document to be used or updated insite.
- Follow-up the Contractor regarding consumables and equipment (welding rod, PWHT, welding machines, compressor,..)
- Follow-up the procedures, hydrotest and leak test.
- All Pipeline and piping construction as International code
- local rules and laws, codes, local and international standards, best industry practices regarding NDE and welding;
- project specification and procedure (including those of contractors) for materials and construction and, particularly, NDE and welding inspection;
- general procedures and practices for NDE and welding performance during construction and personnel qualification;
- company HSE Policy and Procedures;
- thorough understanding and be able to interpret local and international codes (ASME, API, NACE, GoST, SNiP);
- inspection and repair of in-service piping and vessels in accordance with API 510 & 570.
- inspection skills and experience on equipment fabrication / repair and inspections / NDE techniques;
- supervisory and coordination skills;
- train the employees.