Qualification & Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor in Engineering degree and 6 years relevant engineering, maintenance and/or operations experience
· Significant field experience gathered from any of the following are required:
o PACO vendors or contractors
o Process industry
§ Oil & gas facilities
o Chemical and Petrochemical Plants
· Good knowledge of International engineering standards, best practices, and systems
· Aware of & familiar with issues surrounding high pressure and high H2S facilities
· Experience in driving business improvement in engineering, key words being: technology, fit-for-purpose solutions and cost effectiveness
· Experience in staff development, training, coaching or mentoring.
· Must be a self-starter, highly motivated technical leader with a proven track record
· Capable of managing small teams to achieve a well-defined goal
· Can work with limited direction and can contribute through others
· Ability to quickly establish relationships to ensure discipline engineering processes and standards are consistently applied
· Demonstrable interpersonal & communication skills
· Energetic person with drive and stamina who is solution-oriented, and who can deal with a multitude of challenging issues positively
· HSSE driven mindset
· Strong English language skills
Ability to write and review technical documentation in English.
· Assures technical integrity of Company installations throughout their life cycle. This includes responsibilities for the Technical Authority 2 (TA2) role for the PACO discipline in the following areas of expertise:
o Flow metering, quality measuring instruments (QMI) and control valves
o IPF Peer Review
o Control narratives
· TA2 responsibilities include:
Ensures all deliverables produced by/for their disciplines as defined in the respective Controls and Assurance
o Plans (PCAP or ACAL) comply with the approved Codes & Standards.
o Reviews and approves business critical deliverables requiring TA-2 authorisation appropriate to their discipline (e.g. those with significant multi-discipline content).
o Accepts business critical deliverables developed by the contractor on behalf of Company (after having assured compliance).
o Participates in technical verification exercises of contractor deliverables.
o As appropriate, recommends and justifies deviations from the approved Codes & Standards to the TA-1.
o Participates in contract tender evaluations to review contractor technical qualifications (experience, personnel, equipment, etc) for executing scope of work
o Reviews and assesses competency of contractor’s personnel within their Discipline.
o In coordination with TA-1, authorises the design tools selected for use by Company.
o Manages competencies across Company organization within their Discipline.
· Represents Engineering in HAZOPS, SIL, Risk Assessments and other safety reviews
· Leads & participates in complex Process Safety incident investigations related to discipline
· Promotes Process Safety and shares learnings from Process Safety incidents across the organization
· Provides innovative solutions for complex problems using, at time, incomplete information
· Contributes new ideas and identifies opportunities to improve efficiency of business processes and to improve value delivery to projects
· Identify, analyze & promote improvement opportunities to optimize equipment capacity & performance
· Provide support in troubleshooting, diagnosis & investigation of discipline related issues and to establish a plan for correction or mitigation
· Reviews operational issues and formulates proposals to improve MTBF and MTTR in a cost effective manner
· Is accountable for exercising appropriate discipline controls for Company projects throughout the ORP phases (Identify, Assess, Select, Define, Execute)
· Undertakes tasks and projects of moderate complexity
· Design, engineer, construct and commission modifications and projects to appropriate technical and RoK standards
· Defines the scope of work and progresses contracts for services related to PACO projects, with minimal supervision
· Assists in the management of technical interfaces with contractors and vendors
· Ensures high quality critical as-built documents and drawings related to the discipline for Company assets and for all projects
· Develops effective working relationships with relevant disciplines and customers
· Acts as role model to promote strong service culture
· Plays a key coaching & mentor role for National staff in the skill pool and frontline technicians.
· Visits Company onshore and offshore facilities to build a strong asset intimacy.
Conditions: Atyrau 5/2