- Previous experience in the petrochemical industry.
- Expertise in RoK Sanitary Laws and Labour codes
- Previous experience working with IH issues preferably within the oil and gas industry (3 years minimum).
- Strong qualifications in Sanitary Medicine, Science or Engineering to at least degree level or equivalent
- Strong analytical background
- Knowledge and experience of sampling and monitoring techniques for workplace hazards.
- Knowledge and experience of food hygiene and safety issues would be an advantage as would employment experience within one of the RoK Regulatory bodies.
- Knowledge of international oil industry related standards.
- Competence in the preparation of written reports and presentations.
- Good Communication and Presentation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and with minimum supervision
- Good written & spoken English and the ability to write technical reports on work undertaken.
- Fluency in Russian Language essential and Kazakh Language desirable.
- Good software application skills.
- Knowledge of RoK HSE legislation and standards.
- Under the direction of the Head of Industrial Hygiene, the job holder is responsible for:
- Carrying out Occupational Hygiene inspection, monitoring surveys and testing for chemical, physical, biological and ergonomic hazards in all areas of NCOC N.V. activities as part of the overall Health Risk Assessment process.
- Team member of Health Risk Assessments process
- Arranging Workplace Attestation and RoK statutory Industrial Monitoring activities at site
- Undertaking reviews of industrial hygiene engineering issues – including suitability of engineering controls
- Advising internal and external stakeholders in the development of controls and mitigation measures for identified health risks.
- Responsibility to develop and maintain calibration plan and to ensure certification for all sampling equipment to RoK national and international best practice standards
- Custodian of industrial hygiene sampling and analysis equipment
- Team member in audits, HazIDs, etc. with respect to occupational health and hygiene related controls
- Inspection and testing of industrial hygiene controls – such as ventilation systems, lighting systems, radiological protection measures, chemical management measures, ergonomic controls
- Liaising with Company and Contractor personnel in order to ensure compliance with standards of Occupational Health/Hygiene compliance at the worksite and report regularly to line management
- Delivering Occupational Health/Hygiene awareness training programmes to Company and Contractor personnel.
- Providing Radiological Protection Advisor capability (after suitable training)
- Under supervision, performs work that is varied and that may be somewhat difficult in character, but usually involves limited responsibilities.
- Some evaluation, originality or ingenuity is required.
- Atyrau, 5/2.